Reluctant Blonde...

It's been three weeks since I went from my long, long, longtime standard, dark auburn to full on blonde. And yeah, ho hum...who cares about hair color babbling? But there's something more to it than that. It's all wrapped up in self-image and stereotype and how you see yourself...really. Ladies, am I wrong? Super drastic appearance changes DO get you all discombobulated mentally. It's a headtrip.
I just don't know if I can pull this off....I don't think I have what it takes. I feel like an impostor. Not only the look of it, but also the logistical fact that it requires salon visits and money and stuff. I'm not that kind of girl, and I'm not sure I ever will be.
If I could get back the $450 total it cost to bleach this out and color it, I would've finished my half-sleeve and started planning the other one. Hindsight.

You can bet I will soon end up back in the home dye aisle in Rite-Aid eradicating all my hairdresser's hard work...and perhaps hiding from her socially because I feel like a jerk. Silly silly silly. I should've known from the start.

But at least I can cross "being blonde" off my list of things I wanted to try at least once in my life!

Quirky Redhead has long been my thing....whatever made me think I could pull off Glamorous Blonde??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Yodelling Blonde Bombshell....

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White....

Seriously???