All in a Day

In the past 24 hours, I have:

1.) Taken a lovely, otherwise mostly uneventful trail ride aboard a new and increasingly trustworthy horse friend, during which my cell phone apparently fell out of my hoodie pocket. It was a cheap, super-basic prepaid phone...but still. The boy was NOT happy with me. Thoughts of going to look for it were quickly quashed by common sense. How could I ever find it again with my eyes 10 feet above the ground on a horse? And to have a practical lower vantage point, how could I ever get past the muck and brush not on a horse? Fail. It's gone. Part of me wants to call it and just enjoy the idea of a crappy ringtone going off in the mud in middle of the woods, heard by no one but the birds and deer.

2.) Marveled repeatedly at the turbo-powered growth of the baby girls. They are only 5 weeks old. But, dang. They sure go from peeping fuzzballs to fully-feathered, still peeping mini-chickens SO fast! And they also move so fast...they get harder and harder to photograph well.


3.) Discovered, purchased and polished off the best damn thing I've had in AGES.

4.) Told Sveta, effusively but in a matter-of-fact, conversational tone, how much I love her. Like, maybe a half dozen times. Soooo...basically the same routine as yesterday. And the day before. And, unless I contract laryngitis in my sleep tonight, probably it'll happen tomorrow. Pathetic.


5.) Buried one of our poor chickens, Irene. More on that another time. It was coming for a while and I'm glad it's over. Now I know it was probably stupid, MF-ing Trichomonas...canker. Poor, poor girl.

6.) Traded breath/nose-nuzzled with and located exactly the most appreciated scratching spots on the handsome face of Jacob the goat. He lives at the barn where Foxy (the aforementioned horse I'm half-leasing) resides. It's very important, in my opinion, to get in as good as possible with the resident goats. Let that be a maxim. And, on a semi-tangential note, few things are cooler-looking than goat eyes.

7.) Still managed to spend way too much damn time online, including repetitive weather radar checks...hoping for a thunderstorm.

8.) Marvelled, as always, at "my" enchanting hummingbirds. Mrs. stopped by while the camera was handy.

9.) Tried to muster up some discipline, with mixed results.


10.) Just now, stuck a couple High Lifes in the freezer to use as soon as possible in the above endeavor.

11.) Also just now, fired up the trusty hot rollers for a bit of experimentation. Having newly blonde hair is almost like having a brand new My Little Pony whose mane and tail are just begging for manipulation. Something like that. Hey, I was never a Barbie doll kind of girl....except, I did have all her horses.

12.) Reminded myself over and over that the Sabbatical is on its last legs. One more week off, and it's back in the scrubs and nose to the grindstone. But it'll be good. Yes.

A lot in a day, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Yodelling Blonde Bombshell....

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White....

Seriously???