Magnificence.

After a few years of having given up on new music and spending most of my listenings on the early/mid 20th century and my same old/same old (though beloved), more modern favorites, I finally have come to discover a couple bands that have that heart-effecting quality...the way it felt to find a great band as a younger, hipper person. You know...that hungry, over and over, repeating nothing else for days sort of scenario....like a starving person who hasn't seen food in forever. I was beginning to assume that phenomenon was over for me....that I was old, had heard everything, maybe just didn't have the ability to "get" it anymore. That I was having some sort of strange, artistic frigidity that left only the call of spring peepers or the riffing of catbirds to cause my heart to flutter. I even thought maybe my soul has simply been dying. Maybe not. Maybe I just hadn't looked hard enough.

The Builders and the Butchers are one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Yodelling Blonde Bombshell....

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White....

Seriously???